Announcement of Workshop: Friday, 27 April, 2018, London
Dr Roberta Babb, clinical psychologist and specialist in working forensically delivers this intriguing workshop delving into the Dark Web and Virtual Private Networks. Participants will gain greater competence and confidence as they explore:
- Introduction to the Dark Web and Virtual Private Networks
- The types of sexually compulsive behaviours commonly seen which utilise the internet, virtual private networks and the dark web
- The different risks associated with clients who engage in compulsive sexual behaviours and who use the dark web
- Understanding and recognising resilience and protective factors
- Thinking about ways of talking about the use of the dark web and its role in the presenting problematic behaviour within the therapy
- Managing anxiety: Client, Therapist, System (Community and Professional).
- The importance of Supervision, Reflective Practice and Supervision.
Workshop Details: 9:30 am- 12:45 pm
Venue: Holiday Inn, Oxford Circus, 57-59 Welbeck St, Marylebone, London W1G 9BL, 020 7935 4442
Participant Fee: 55 GBP (50 GBP for COSRT and ATSAC members)
Booking (please contact) – Limited spaces: Cecily Criminale, Director of Education, 020 7224 3532, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Dr Roberta Babb (BSc (Hons), MSc, DClinPsych, CPsychol CSci AFBPsS)
Dr Babb is a Chartered Psychologist, Registered Clinical Psychologist and Honorary Psychotherapist. She earned her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and has worked in the field of psychology since 2002. She has a special interest in forensic personality disorder and sexual behaviours. Roberta has worked in a variety of forensic contexts and with a diverse range, and severity of offending behaviour. In addition to her NHS work, she is also the Director of Forensics for The Marylebone Centre and completes clinical and forensic psychology assessments, psychotherapy, individual and organisational consultation, clinical supervision, staff training and coaching.